Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It's been a while, but I had brain surgery and it worked!

I had brain surgery again, just over two weeks ago.  I was released from the hospital the day after surgery and here's the shot my wife posted to Facebook, with the caption, "Who had brain surgery yesterday and was already released today? This guy!"


They turned my leads on the following week, and to say there is a difference between now and then would be understating the case by orders of magnitude.  I am so happy with how the new leads are working after just the first programming session.  My walking has improved, my tremor has reduced, and my med intake has dropped by over half.  Right after programming, I took an extended walk with friends to a bar in downtown San Francisco.  I was doing great, until my meds kicked in and my dyskinesia went crazy, that was when I realized, I would need to dramatically reduce my meds.  I am still figuring the med levels and times that work well for me; however, I am doing well and feeling better than ever.

Thanks for all the well wishes over the past two years since I began looking at having my first surgery.  I don't wish my experiences of a stroke, heart attack and finding the leads had moved to finding a new surgeon and having the new leads installed on anyone, but hope others can find solace in my experiences and know that there is good news, eventually.


1 comment: