Monday, October 6, 2014

Parkinson's since 2006, Brain Surgery & Stroke 8/13, Heart Attack 2/14, Triathlete Yesterday

This is what my wife wrote yesterday:

In August 2013 my husband had brain surgery and then suffered a stroke afterwards. Recovered. In February 2014 he had a heart attack. Recovered. Still battling Parkinson's Disease. And today now he became a triathlete for the first time. So proud, so amazed, so inspired!


I had a great time and this will definitely not be my last.  I hit my goals of finishing and my time was about what I expected.  This was the 40th annual Mission Bay Triathlon in San Diego, the first triathlon ever.  The race was a lot of fun, although the swim entry is crazy and not for the light of heart.  My friend who raced with me and myself hung back a bit during the start, so we wouldn't get hit or kicked.

I'm not going to do a whole race recap.  I just want to emphasize that if I can do this with my medical history, especially this past year, you can as well.  Get up and start moving.

1 comment: