Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There's something in the food

I am totally convinced that there is an element of my symptoms that is exacerbated by what I eat. I just don't know what it is that is triggering it. I mentioned in my first post, that I believe high levels of protein make me feel worse. However, even when I don't have much protein during the day (it helps being married to a vegetarian), I still get periods where I'm just not doing well.

What is not doing well? I feel I'm not doing well if I don't see profound change for the good in my gait and tremor forty five minutes to an hour after I've taken my medication (all of them in the morning after waking up, and one Sinemet later in the day.

Some of the things I've tried over the past few years included giving up caffeine altogether, giving up diet soda, giving up all soda, etc. The newest thing I just started trying is to give up all sugary snacks, treats, drinks and condiments. I started this morning and have been doing well so far (yet, it's not even noon yet). I'll probably try this for a few days and then report back. However, this will be hard given my propensity for sweets and it doesn't help that the wife makes cookies with the kids every week as an activity.

As an aside, this whole giving up sugar idea reminded me of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment