Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What I am doing here

Hi,

I was officially diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease (PD) in 2006 at age 34. I had symptoms for 2 years previous to that, but it took a while to get to the doctor, go through all the tests to rule everything else out and get the official diagnosis.

For the past six years, I've been doing pretty well. However, this year, my symptoms have really started to turn and when my meds are off, they are really off. I am starting this blog in the hopes of better understanding my symptoms, how my meds are working (I'm going to track how I feel either daily or multiple times a day) and what may be some factors in how I feel.

Some things I've noticed is exercise and the exertion level I do it at affect me for at least the rest of the day. Also, I noticed that excessive protein intake also affects me badly (I was eating protein bars for a couple mornings in a row and I was doing lousy those days).

I work full time as a software engineer, am married and have two kids. However, I will not be giving a lot of personal information because I work and frankly, while my symptoms are obvious and my employer knows, if I have to change jobs, I don't want this blog to be a factor in my hiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment