Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 1, Week 1 Couch to 5k

I figure a way to keep me honest about exercise will be to track it and publish it online.  That way, if I miss some workouts some folks might be kind enough to let me know I need to get back on the horse.

On that note, I'm starting the NHS couch-to-5K program.  This is a podcast that reminds the runner when to run and when to walk in order to build up to running for a full 5K.  I went out this morning and did my first run/walk session. Only two problems occurred, I forgot to use the inhaler I just got to help with my exercise induced asthma and the podcast download did not sync to my ipod.  Nevertheless, I was able to do a 1.7 mile loop walk/run and felt pretty good afterwards.

I was able to listen to the single best mash-up album ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment