Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 2, Week 1 Couch-to-5K

Good things:  I got my podcast working and used my inhaler before my run.
Bad things: It's raining in San Diego.

I still did the run despite the rain.  If you know anything about the weather in San Diego, it's not supposed to rain between May and October.  However, it's good because the family is supposed to go camping out in the Mountains this weekend and their is currently a fire near Julian.  Hopefully, the winds will stay low and the rain will help.  It's our first camping trip with the kids and we have been looking forward to this for a while.

The run was actually pretty easy despite the rain, so I might skip day 3 and get the weeks back on schedule and go directly to Day 1, Week 2 for my next workout.  Ended the running part of the podcast I'm using and switched to music during the cool down.  Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit was the first song where I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard it for the first time.  I was actually at a friend's house in Buffalo (I was doing an engineering internship at GM) and I just stopped and was immediately hooked.  It basically changed my entire musical outlook and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment