Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 2 Week 5, NHS Couch to 5K

I actually repeated week five this week and did the last workout today.  This week, every workout was different ending with a run today of 20 minutes straight.  I have not run 20 minutes straight in a while and was a bit nervous.  However, I made it and using gmap-pedometer.com, I was able to determine I ran about 1.9 miles in the 20 minutes or about an 11 minute pace.

While a bit slower than I wanted, my goal is to do the full 5K in under 30 minutes, the fact that I made it through the 20 minutes in a pace that was pretty close, tells me I'm on the right track and the program is working.  I don't feel bad that I am repeating weeks, because I am doing this at my own pace and have no actual race for which I am training.

No comments:

Post a Comment