Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 2 Week 2, Couch to 5K

This was my worst run so far.  Interestingly, when my meds have not kicked in, I have noticed that I run much better than I walk.  In fact, while at work, if I'm feeling a bit off, I might go run or jog down the hall to get myself going and my arms swinging.  Unfortunately, this was not the case today.

I am getting up before the family to do these runs (about 5:45 am).  I take my meds, squeeze a couple shots out of my new inhaler, turn on the iPod and go.  Up until today, when I start running after the 5 minute "brisk" walk, I have felt great.  Today, that feeling never kicked in.  In fact, I really did not feel my meds kick in until after my shower and as I was leaving to drop my son off at school.

Nevertheless, I did the entire run and am glad I did.  I know I'll have good days and bad days, you just have to roll with it.  And to those who don't get what I mean when a Parkinson's patient is discussing on/off periods of medications:

No comments:

Post a Comment